End User Computing is a service that provides computer support, both desk-side and remote, to your business needs. This service helps customers meet business needs through the reliable implementation of computing environments, while providing an exceptional customer service experience through integrity, accountability and respect.
End User Computing Services features include:
- General installation, configuration, and administration for departmental workstations
- LAN and network equipment
- End-user assistance and support for general computing issues
- Network Support
- Install, configure and maintain appropriate workstation network communications equipment and software to support departmental requirements that may span several networking environments and protocols.
- Configure and maintain department’s networking “switch” equipment and individual workstation connectivity to this equipment.
Our End User Computing Services
- Provide assistance with configuration of workstations to be purchased by the department. Verify that selected workstation configuration will function as intended in the target environment.
- Assemble and fully configure workstations purchased by the department. When this task is completed, the customer should be able to begin working as they intended.
- Provide operating system installation and ongoing support in the Windows and Mac OS environments.
- Assemble and fully configure printers purchased by the department.
Investigate and resolve problems with printing to departmental printers.
- This includes support for workstation components, appropriate printer queue services, and printers.
- Install, configure and upgrade (as directed by the department) “standard” workstation software.
- Initial training and basic knowledge of these programs is the responsibility of the individual customer.
- Investigate and resolve, when possible, any problems or conflicts that involve network or workstation services. This will include problems related to connectivity to services both internal and external to the department.
- Provide general workstation assistance when requested.
- Occasionally, as part of our conflict resolution efforts and as a last resort, we may temporarily disable or uninstall software which appears to be problematic.